The Importance Of Shower Sealing Services
Showers are bound to be very wet and damp areas in any house due to constant contact with water. Leaks too are very common issues in bathrooms, especially if the floors and walls haven’t been sealed properly. Water can quickly enter any crack or even a small hole in the shower area and spread via capillary action inside the wall or floor structure. This is why it is essential to put a watertight seal on all surfaces.
In case of any leaks, small or massive, call us at Water Leak King to address an fix the problem. Our team is experienced in handling all types of shower sealing work and can ensure that the entire shower area is waterproofed perfectly. Once our team seals all surfaces, you can rest assured that no further damage to your property will occur due to shower leaks.
Why Get Your Shower Sealed?
It is difficult, rather impossible, to keep the shower area dry. As the area is exposed to water and steam, it retains moisture, and damages the floor, ceiling, and walls. The tiled surfaces largely remain unaffected by water and humidity, but the grout between the tiles is porous and absorbs water. The grout used to fill the joints between tiles is a mixture of cement, sand, and water and has enough room for water to seep through and cause leakage problems.
A coat of high-quality sealant over the grout ensures that water or moisture does not seep in. If you neglect to get shower sealing done by experts like us, you can face leakage problems such as:
- Damage to walls and ceiling – Water damage does not remain localised, and the dampness can quickly spread to adjacent rooms damaging the paint of walls and ceilings and affecting the internal structure. It is necessary to seal the shower area before you decide to repair the damage to other rooms of your house.
- Structural damage– If you ignore to stop the shower area leak, eventually you will need to attend to extensive structural damage. Constant exposure to moisture will damage the studs and walls behind the bathroom walls.
- Mould in the grout lines- Mould forms on the porous grout with black and green spots discolouring the clean white surface of the bathroom tiles.
We Can Help You
We have extensive experience of working on shower sealing projects. Our team will visit your property after scheduling an appointment and will follow this work process:
- They will examine the condition of the walls and assess the damage due to leakage.
- Determine whether regrouting in the shower area is necessary.
- Prepare a detailed quote for the work.
- After your approval, our team starts work on cleaning up and sealing the bathroom area.
Visit our testimonials page to see what others have to say about us here at Water Leak King. If you have questions, fill in this form, and we’ll contact you as soon as we can.You can also give us a call at 1300 934 863 if you need immediate assistance.