Cracks in bathroom tiles are quite a common problem and in most instances, these are evident in older bathrooms where the tiling hasn’t been replaced for decades. However, aside from age-related cracks, there are other reasons why your bathroom tiles crack.
Causes Of Cracked Tiles
Shower tiles can develop hairline and large cracks. The latter can cause them to ultimately crumble and break. The cracks could develop because of:
- Use of substandard tiling products
- Poor quality installation materials
- Poor quality workmanship
- Mastic adhesive used instead of a thin set adhesive- this causes loosening of the tiles over time
- Sometimes water gets behind the shower causing the walls to swell- this results in cracks in the tiles
While many homeowners do caulk the cracks in the tiles instead of getting them replaced, severe cracks can’t be fixed using this method. In most instances, you don’t need to worry about hairline cracks as those are superficial and don’t run right through the thickness of the tile. This is more of a cosmetic problem rather than one that will ultimately result in any major leakage.
Why Timely Shower Tile Repairs Are Important
If you have noticed any cracks in your shower tiles, its best to call in expert professionals like the ones at Water Leak King. They will assess the level of damage in order to determine the plan of action. Not getting serious cracks in the shower tiles repaired can result in a number of problems such as:
- The adjacent tiles will also eventually become impacted and start to loosen and crack
- Water will begin to seep into the walls and can also start to seep into other areas of the house
- Paint and plaster damage
- Rot and mould issues
- The constant leaks and moisture can also attract pests such as termites which can open your house up to extensive timber
Professional Cracked Tile Repair Services
The best way to avoid all these problems is to call us for the timely repairs of your cracked shower tiles. We will assess the level of damage and provide recommendations on what kind of repairs would be required to fix the problem permanently. Fine cracks may be filled with clear silicone caulk. However, if the cracks are wider, complete tile replacement may be the only solution.
For any more information, feel free to call Water Leak King at 1300 934 863. You can also send us queries and requests via this Online Form and we will respond within the shortest possible time.
Click here to read more.